Charles Tildon

Charles Garfield Tildon, Jr., was born in Baltimore on September 10,1926. He was educated in the Public Schools of Baltimore and enrolled in Morehouse College. He is a 1948 initiate of the Pi of Kappa Alpha Psi. Upon the death of his father he returned to Baltimore and assumed increased family responsibilities. He worked as a Postal Clerk from 1951-54. He graduated from Morgan State College in 1954. He has pursued further study at Johns Hopkins and Harvard.

 

He began work as a science teacher in the school System of Baltimore, rising to Science Department Head.

A change of career path brought him to the Medical Administration field. He worked in Biodynamics as a consultant in the Office of Economic Opportunity. He was Director and Coordinator of a Neighborhood Health Center of Provident Hospital. He was the leader of a very successful fund raising drive for Provident. In the state Department of Human Resources he was the Assistant Secretary of Community Programs and Administration.

He was a prominent Catholic churchman, a Knight of St. Gregory. He has received the Achievement Award from the Archdiocesan Council of Catholic men and a Special Service Award from the Urban Commission of the Archdiocese.

He joined the BAC in 1954. He served as Financial Secretary, Keeper of the Exchequer, Director and Polemarch. From 1964-68 he was Polemarch of the Eastern Province. He served three years on the Grand Board of Directors. He has been Chairman of National Committees including the Ritual Revision Committee.

He was awarded the Elder Watson Diggs Award in 1988. 

Tildon joined Chapter Invisible December 15, 2007.

The Baltimore Alumni " Benchmark" Centennial
Walk of Achievement